View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #235
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I am concerned that some are pointing out that aftermarket 335i would be better than M3?

Which makes me long for the days when Gerhard Richter ran the M Division.
Richter was not a man you could argue with he told you straight which is why he did state that if you take an M car from showroom to the aftermarket you no longer have an M car.

An M car builds upon a BMW , everything is reconfigured to suit each individual model, specific model technology is developed to adapt to that model and that includes the M configured electric steering. People I know who have driven the new configuration say it makes the M3/M4 the car that it is. The BMW i8 also gets a further enhancement of this steering to suit this model.
Communication for the driver is important for any BMW but M knows that this must be expanded further with an M model.
There's always been the argument that it's not right modify an //M car, but the GTS pretty much blew that theory. It has KW Competition coilovers and Brembo calipers with BMW rotors.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."