We recently posted our first set
of BMW M4 Coupe renders based off the 4 Series Coupe Concept, and we now bring you even more interpretations previewing the F82 M4, by resident artist E92Alpine328i.
We started with the 4 Series Coupe Coupe
and incorporated what the M3/M4 prototype spy photos and videos have revealed so far, along with some speculation and imagination.
For more M3/M4 coverage see: http://www.bimmerpost.com/m3/f30m3/
To recap, here is an updated list of what we know about the F80/F82 so far:
* Click images for higher resolution *
- Lighter than current M3
- targeting E46 M3 weight (source)
- More powerful than current M3
- approximately same HP, but around 100 lb-ft more torque (in range of 395 lb-ft) (source)
- Faster than current M3 (source)
- More efficient than current M3 (source)
- Powered by an inline 6 cylinder multi-turbo engine (source, source)
- Offered with optional or standard manual transmission
- Rumored Electric Power Steering (completely reworked for precision for M3/M4)
- Tires (from prototype) - Michelin Pilot Super Sport: 255/35/19 (front), 275/35/19 (rear)
- Front styling to feature elements from the M6 and 1M coupe, with Air Curtain technology (our render)
- Hood to feature power/vent bump
- M3 Introduced late 2013 - early 2014 (concept debuts earlier)
- M3 European Delivery begins July 2014, at earliest
- M4 Introduced no earlier than late 2014
4 Series Coupe Concept Upon Which Renders are Based.
Recent F80 M3 spy pics.
Recent F82 M4 Spy Video.