Originally Posted by ajvee
I've owned my E92 for 3 years now with 40K miles. I am thinking about my next car purchase and had a random thought about these two. I initially was set on waiting for the new M3, but I think I could swing a slightly used 997 turbo in the next year. The car will be my daily driver, but practicality is not a huge concern as it is only me at the moment.
Is this a no brainer for the 997 or would the new M3 be worth the wait?
The most logical solution would be to wait for the M3 and then decide, but I thought that this might make for an interesting discussion.
It really depends on your timing on the new purchase. The new m3 will probably not arrive for at least another 2 years. The current turbo is awesome but the newest incarnation is due within the next month or 2. If it was between a new 997 turbo or the new M3, I'd say the new 997 Turbo or wait for the newest M3 over a used porsche turbo.