Thread: M3/M4 in snow?
View Single Post
      11-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
BimmerQuest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35ix M-Sport MPPK

M3/M4 in snow?

Disclaimer - I've read a fair amount about RWD vs FWD vs AWD in inclement weather. I'm looking for info from people who have driven their M cars in snow. It would be great if they did it in Colorado where I live.

I grew up in Colorado and my first car was a '66 Mustang. I learned to drive in the snow in a manual Honda Civic with FWD, then drove a number of years in my Mustang with an auto and wimpy straight six. I had studded tires and sandbags in the trunk.

I've been trying to decide between the "old man's car" - a new Stingray - or the "more practical" M3/M4. I'm the family bus at times for our two kids and need to be able to get around in the Colorado weather. Our two SUVs (Touareg and MDX) may not be available when I need them.

So my question is this: who here has driven their M3 in snow? How did it go for you? Colorado daily driver? If you had to be available for family bus duties would you venture out in the M3? (I don't care about road salt, damage to appearance, etc). I'm talking strictly about the driving experience.

I'm torn between getting a 335/435 xDrive with a few mods/tune, or waiting for the M3/4. I'll never track the car...

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0