View Single Post
      12-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #213
BimmaDrew
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 325 Ci

Overall, I'm shockingly impressed with Ford and their new Mustang. I like the Mustangs in general, but never enough to buy one (or even test drive one actually). But now I think it is definitely worth a hard look/drive.

One thing I'd like to add (I didn't read all the pages in this thread so I'm not sure it was already brought up), is that the (current) Mustang GT 5.0L has better MPGs than the current M3 (17/26 vs 14/20).

I know many M3 owners don't really care about fuel economy, but I can't afford multiple cars and when I get a new car in a year or 2, I will be using it as a daily driver just as all my other cars have been. Those miles really add up and eat a hole in my pocket after a while.

Also, I won't be surprised if the 2.3L EcoBoost will have similar or slightly better figures than the 435i.

However, I doubt the 5.0L will be better than the new M4's fuel economy. Of course, that could all change when they start introducting the "special editions" that will invevitably be added to the lineup a few years down the road...so we'll see (but I doubt it).

My overall point is, I am impressed with the Ford's ability to make such an impressive engine (power-wise) while still keeping it fairly economical on fuel too.
Appreciate 0