04-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #128
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
All cars you listed plays in an much higher hp-class than the M3/M4 ... in this class you need really big N/A engines to realise such high hp-numbers.

And you simply forget one the best trackcars ever ... the Porsche GT3 and GT3-RS.

The only reason why for me S65 and S55 are comparable, is because they are in the same hp-class ... if the new M3/M4 would get an turbo engine in the ~500hp class, none ever would compare it with an S65 equiped car.

Yes IŽam an fan of the S65, but I have nothing aganist turbo engine ... there are many really great turbo engines on the market, but with nearly the same hp like the S65 the S55 only change the driving charakter of the M3, there are many other, not engine related, improvements, that makes the F8x so much faster than the e9xM3 and to "the best M3 ever"
The 991 Turbo S and GT3 have comparable performance and lap times (according to Sport Auto) but still employ very different engines (NA vs Turbo).

I think that it would be better to wait for test drives of the new car before we conclude that the S65 engine and DCT would be quicker in this car than the S55 engine will be. In fact, the S55 will provide significantly better acceleration times than the S65 would and only if the S55 is "un driveable" on a track would the S65 be able to claw that advantage back. And, there is nothing about the S65 engine that makes a F8x with a hypothetical S65 engine corner faster than a F8x with the S55...

Exactly where (which parts of the track) would a S65 powered F8x be faster than a S55 powered F8x?
Appreciate 0