Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
I would be wary of making definitive conclusions based on results executed on less than optimal conditions. This was a public road with a bend on a very hot day with an amateur driver. I guarantee that once chris Harris, randy pobst and others do their track testing they will be at 3.7-3.8 and 11.8/11.9. This car is faster on twisties, track, and straight line than a stock M5-M6...Well that is until the upcoming new models come out but even then it would only best the f8x in straight line.
These are pretty close to optimal conditions. 80 degrees Fahrenheit is not going to cause a lot of issues with a 0-60 time.

Secondly, how exactly is Chris Harris going to be able to use the launch control function to drop half a second (lol) from the time UAE posted? I'm pretty sure that's the point of launch control is that anyone can do it.
BMW quoted 3.9 and their numbers are always conservative. Conditions where not optimal - no rollout also - and why his time was off as I stated in post and temp is just a part of equation. Look at what car mags where getting on E92 versus what BMW claimed as example. Read the thread for simulations. Just wait until a proper independent pro test is done and see. We will all be in for a pleasant result. nevertheless for what UAE had to work with he did a good job.