View Single Post
      05-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #103
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Most of these gripes are based off of your personal preferences and experiences though.

First of all, the C63 sedan has much better seats than the coupe. They come with the integrated headrests, much like the new seats on the F80/F82. There are controls that adjust the side bolsters, the thigh bolsters, and the lumbar support.

Second, the brakes on my C63 don't squeal at all. In fact, one of the reasons why my first F30 M Sport 335i was bought back (it was a lemon) was because they could never fix the squealing brakes. That is a risk you run with ANY big brake hardware, not just the AMG's.

Third, whether you like the temperature set at 71 or 72 is a very minor (and certainly unique) complaint. It's incredible that you can feel the difference between 71 degrees and 72 degrees. I have not seen that complaint elsewhere (that is, this issue is something that is personal to you, which is fine).

Fourth, just because one car offers a carbon fiber roof doesn't mean that the other car is inherently flawed. Not many manufacturers offer a carbon fiber roof. The E90 M3 did NOT have a carbon fiber roof available.

Fifth, the M156 revs out to over 7,200 rpm. That's less than the M3 but generally still very impressive. I would trade that extra space on the tachometer for nearly 150 lb-ft of torque any day.

So what I'm basically getting at is that most of your criticisms pertain to why the car did not fit your particular needs.
Not that it didn't fit my needs, it's that it lacked the rounded performance you get with bmw.

C63 is more muscle and less refinement that is fact.

BMW uses more F1 tech in their cars. BMW gives you more bang for the buck Base car vs MB Base car.

You are comparing 507 pack car in the Audi review and a 507 c63 in the first review in this thread was shown. The 507 is 110k Not a fair comparison at 30k more then a loaded M4 to begin with. 30 thousand dollars more, c63 507 better be something...
Appreciate 0