05-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #53
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Good read indeed, kind of a relief. Thanks for posting.

Short summary:

Wonderful car and seemingly worthy of new Alpha sports sedan/coupe crown like the old M3s

BUT, it is still not World's first 100% perfect car, such a surprise! Because:
- it is a big car!
- engineers tried but couldn't yet manage a revolution in steering 'feel' of electromechanical set up
- it is still a turbo car which means a minimum lag will always be there as long as you look for it and the throttle response is not as sharp as the best NA cars of the past
- sound is overall a let down, better from outside, controversial trickery from inside...reason for a first mod.

Personal conclusion: Better to put it next to 1M rather than in place of it but I am not that guy so with added practicality of the four door and sense of novelty I should not miss the 1M (too much!) once it is gone.
Sold my 1M and waiting for the F80. As I drive the car everyday the F80 looks a better choice for me with the same level of performance of even better than my tuned 1M. I'd got the same 100-200 9.2 as uae247 had posted.
So it should be a nice car for everyday use and some time trackdaying.
Appreciate 0