View Single Post
      07-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #39
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4me View Post
So here's a "conspiracy theory" for your enjoyment .

I was wondering about a few things:
1) why is my SA continuing to indicate Aug 14 delivery when the car landed in Canada July 8th and CN schedules say it takes about 2 weeks to ship across Canada. That's a big gap with no explanation.

2) Why aren't we hearing more "got mine" posts about non-launch/dealer M deliveries across Canada? By now there should be quite a few but the forum is silent. There are only a few cases of custom M deliveries that I know of: in Halifax where you can just pick up from the dock and in Toronto (gthal) where he insisted that BMW truck it to TO

3) Why could a 435 get delivered (recently) from Halifax to TO about a week after landing in port, yet gthal didn't get his M ?

So the theory is this: BMW CA is holding the M deliveries until the Canadian ED folks cars arrive (in Halifax on the 21st I believe), and then shipping all custom M's and the ED cars more or less at once across Canada.

That would explain the timing I'm hearing well: starting on the 21st, 3 weeks to ship, PDI and deliver

So there you go. Any takers on the conjecture?
To add to this my SA says "CN has a shortage of rail cars". I do agree with your points because we haven't heard much about Canadian M deliveries. The people that did get their cars seem to be on the east. How much of an affect does the flooding in MB delay delivery should also be considered.

I'm just upset that my dealer has absolutely no information about the car once i arrived in Halifax. My SA told me that the ETA still shows July 27 but at this point who knows. I was hoping to get it by month end so I can enjoy it on the August long weekend. This may not happen now.
Appreciate 0