General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4isKing View Post
high hp turbos...more air, more fuel!!

how was sport+ throttle. you mentioned it got rid of lag but then was it too twitchy and just had to modulate much more?

what throttle map did you use for your e92?
I like a sharp throttle pedal. I learned to drive on a track with a modified GTI on a pair of twin Webber carbs with 289 cams. Talk about sharp throttle response. That is the way I like it. You just need to calibrate your right foot to be smooth. On my E92 I used the Sport setting as it the one that felt the most natural to me. Normal seemed artificially dampened while Sport+ seemed artificially too short.

Sport+ on the F8X is just perfect IMO as it does more than just throttle map.

As an instructor, I often observe that a bad position of the right foot to be the culprit of jerky throttle inputs by students. The throttle pedal on BMWs is hinged at the bottom, which is a great feature. The heel of the right foot should rest against the hinge and the whole foot should be used to depress the pedal. This way you can use you right heel to brace yourself and have good control over the pedal. The mistake is to use only the toes to press in the middle of the throttle pedal. This way a small movement of the foot translates in a big throttle change. Further, by doing so, the toes need to slip up and down on the pedal as it moves and the friction can cause jerkiness.
Appreciate 0