Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigwet View Post
Discussion is good!

There are obviously many ways to make a piggyback. I'm trying to learn what is the best product for me - through the information here and through a few textbooks I have begun reading.

In the end, customers have different wants. I don't care about having the most power. I simply want a product that is well engineered and performs the job the "right" way. I am very weary of limp-home modes. Expecting full power and not having it could lead to a very dangerous situation.
Parts of the statement you quoted are factually inaccurate. The DME uses twin wideband o2 sensors for AFR targeting. The MAF readings are only used at idle/under vacuum where the resolution on the 2.5bar MAP sensor leaves a bit to be desired for idle quality. So altering the MAF readings can have no impact on any tuning or operation while under boost when the tuners are active.

It's true that exceeding MAF limits can trigger hidden plausibility codes though. Which is why altering them physically or via the CANbus is required for higher boost tunes to avoid these hidden codes.

Mike
Appreciate 0