10-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #140
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
BuLoOoSki so I felt the same way, especially in straight line, when I had it coded ala hybrid (both parameters set to US), but I can't really judge as I never coded it like in post 4 and didn't push it much. But it will be very interesting if we can have that third MDM mode.

US MDM: aka boring, restrictive MDM
US/Euro MDM: hybrid coding, less restrictive than above.
Euro MDM: much less restrictive, fishtail happy

The only way to ascertain if there are real differences is with very controlled environment and skilled drivers.
aboulfad: it is really impossible to guess unless you try C_Laenderkennung and TPmsMarket coded both ways. I know you are aware of this, but, just to make sure this is clear, the issue here is that we are trying to replicate Euro MDM on US-spec cars that not only have hardware differences but also software differences in several other related ECUs, so there is no guarantee that setting everything to Euro is best. I think that gathering the impressions of a few people who are willing to experiment with these two settings is the only way to settle this.

BuLoOoSki: Looking forward to your additional impressions. I have now coded the other combination (C_Laenderkennung to US and TPmsMarket to EU): will see how this one feels.

BTW, Shawn did not propose a MDM setting for US-spec cars in post #4. He was very careful in his wording: "I coded an F83 M4 DSC module for Europe and then back to U.S. and compared them, and these are the coding differences". His statement is of course completely correct.

Last edited by dmnc02; 10-03-2015 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Last paragraph added
Appreciate 0