View Single Post
      10-19-2015, 10:58 AM   #33
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Yeah definitely sounds whack. No offense intended to OP, but IMHO if you and your spouse are RN's you shouldn't have a $200k car loan given the average RN salary is around $55k/yr. Plus how can one manage that with the high cost of living in the Bay Area? Doesn't add up.
Don't know what RNs you are used to working with, but plenty of RNs in major urban areas are well above $100k a piece - some specialty RNs are ~$150k.

Still crazy to be buying a brand new GT3 even on a $300k household salary unless there's substantial other income there.

Anyway: In my younger years, I'd read car reviews about how amazing earlier M3s were or Subaru WRXs or other vehicles and then I'd drive/buy them and not feel the love. They weren't fun to putter around in day to day, while retaining alot of sacrifices.

Then I realized that alot of those cars journalists LOVE on the track or backroad bombing actually are only really enjoyable in those environments. Hence I started searching for the "perfect" car. e39 m5 to start, but needed something lighter, more agile, with more power and modern reliability.

F80