View Single Post
      11-23-2016, 10:59 PM   #19
cookiesowns
;)
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
The issue is tuning. There are a lot of hurdles to overcome in the F8x's Bosch DME before you'll be able to go single turbo.

The S55 has two Electronic Wastegates and two MAF sensors. You'd have to figure out a way to force the DME to run in Speed/Density mode full-time so you could eliminate the MAF sensors and once you've figured this out, you still have TWO EWGs to deal with.

The other option (and probably the better one, tuning-wise), would be a standalone DME/ECU, but this is a long-shot for most street cars as you'd have to compromise on most non-essential items to make it work. This is OK for a race car, but a serious deal-breaker for most of us.

There are several other hurdles as well, but I digress.
Motec M1 can do it, and you def won't sacrifice too much as it has full CANBUS integration. Now for Flexray I'm not sure, not sure if the S55 DME has flexray. The problem is getting someone to write the custom firmware.

There's a guy up in Oregon that can do it, he's done plenty of street & race cars with full custom M1 firmware.. question is... who's going to be the one to offer their F80 up with a turbo kit.
Appreciate 0