View Single Post
      01-24-2017, 01:59 AM   #190
996ttelise
Captain
Rep
Drives: 458, GTS, Performante

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiredaleTraveler View Post
Get rid of the M3 and get the 911 that you seem to be craving. Cards on the table - I'm a guy who ordered/bought a 2007 M Roadster and sold it after 9 months to get the car that I really wanted - a 911. I currently own a 2015 911 GTS (Cabriolet/Manual). That's my ideal car - in every way. I just bought a 2017 M3 (Competition Package; Performance Package; Manual) as a fun, daily commuter. I am bored with 5-series sedans and E/S Class Mercedes sedans. This M3 will add some excitement to my daily drive to work (I live in the SoCal desert - so, driving to work is a joy - no traffic). When my 911 is in sport + mode, I feel in complete control of the car - even on hairpin mountain curves. There is no M3 mode combination that makes me feel as connected/safe. I could go on and on - but you already received a ton of solid advice from other guys on this site. My advice - never settle; life is too short to drive something that you don't love; order the 911 that you want and sell/trade the M3. The M3 is a solid choice - but there is nothing like the 911.
Heck yeah man. Wifey let me keep the M3 and pick up a 2012 C4S cab . . . All is well and the M3 has really grown on me.
Appreciate 0