Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
Another comparo, another broken Alfa

One of our local mags took one to Tasmania for a drivers car of the year test, it was the only car out of 13 that shit itself
More poor quality concerns from Road & Track:

"Of course, our Giulia was the most stereotypical Alfa Romeo you could imagine. It was red. The cover for the headlight washer fell off before it arrived. The first time I pushed the button to adjust the seat height, my finger actually pushed the button through the seats so it dangled by a wire near the floor. The radio won't let you seek through certain stations but will let you tune to it directly, like it's keeping the 60s on 6 secret. It will also let you set the same station as a favorite multiple times, for reasons I don't understand. These are quirks and problems that wouldn't really be cool on a $20,000 car. Our test car, with options, came in at $87,000."

The article was generally positive about how the car drives though, but poor quality continues to be a big concern and the main reason why I won't buy Alfas.

Now if you can combine Lexus level quality with Alfa driving dynamics, you'd have a real M3 beater. Until then, M3 is still top dog in my books.
Appreciate 0