08-04-2017, 05:56 AM   #94
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
Always good to hear from you bud.

I'm at a loss at the lack of love for the zl1, since by all metrics and times it takes a pretty big turd on even the Shelby GT350R. I don't think many owners of these shelby's that paid above and beyond MSRP are laughing now.

If the complaints are the layout of the interior, the "fun to drive" part, those are familiar refrains that I've heard people accuse M3 owners of fanboyism.

I'm just picking on you of course, but it cuts both ways.

Ring times: ZL1 7:16. GT350R 7:32
You to! There is no official factory ring time for the GT350R like GM does for their cars.

I totally here you and the trust me I wanted to like the ZL1 because it is a monster for a really nice price. But, for me it isn't always about the numbers or nicer interior. If that was the case I would've just stuck with my civic DCT M4 as that obviously had a much better cabin and from a stand 0-60 time it crushes the GT350, especially in real world launches etc.

I didn't even bother test driving it because I didn't want to waste the salesmans time. Like I said, it was actually a very nice interior for the ZL1, but I knew I couldn't live with the quirks of the layout. Not to mention the real complaints about visibility etc, it has blind spot monitoring, but I still like to change lanes the old fashioned way by looking..........sometimes.

If I was to get a car that all I cared about was numbers, repeatable lap times and the nicest interior..........I'd just get a version of the 911. Which depending on where the M4 CS is priced, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just get a Carrera S or GTS for the price. And trust me I'm no fanboy for Porsche.
Appreciate 0