Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
It was not changed. What he is saying is that you can actually push in the silver piece that says "mode". It doesnt look like a button but it is!
Why wouldn't it be a button if it's labeled, and especially if it's lit at night? The first time I looked at the steering wheel and I saw the Mode button I thought "Oh, that's how you change the source from the steering wheel."

In almost every audio system ever made, and not exclusively to cars, if there's a "Mode", it means "press me to change the source".

News Flash!!! The matching button on the left side, conveniently grouped with the cruise control functions and labeled "Res" is also a functional button and it means "Resume the cruise control"!
Are you daft? The "Res" button is not short for "Resume cruise control".

It's a contraction from the colloquial Latin "Resumo ad celeritatem asinae", translated literally as "renewed at the speed of a donkey". Not just cars, but as long there's been non-human powered transportation devices, everyone knows that this has been a means to set the beasts on a constant steady speed that doesn't require additional input from the driver.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MPoweRo428.00