View Single Post
      04-14-2018, 04:58 PM   #19
gingerbread
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Once again NO S55 version has a blow off / diverter valve system.

Can you explain step by step the order of events leading up to the issue?

Example: Im pull away from a stop in first gear and roll into 100% throttle (80% or etc.) going straight ahead (no steering input or whatever input you are doing) and DSC is intervening or not. At about 7000 rpm I shift to second gear and let of the throttle 100% and .........

and again is the car continuing to gain speed (feel like its still making power) or is it holding the speed/rpm that you let off throttle at? no engine braking / deceleration.

live data / data logging, taking the tech for a ride, taking it to a dyno to recreate. Try a different dealer / BMW speciality shop and be open and try and give as much info as you can. Make time for the shop to look at the car... clear a whole day or week / weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfunk View Post
Thank you Gingerbread for your comments. I think the GTS does have a blow off valve because I hear air shooting out of the system?

I have the car in M1 mode full sport with M dynamic mode on. I live in Cali so there is no humidity or wet roads. I never drive the car while it's raining. It has happened three times in 850 miles and BMW is baffled and thinks I "invented" this. I have had BMW experts look at it and they say no codes and we can't verify so pretty much tough luck. The only thing they can say is the turbos are still shooting air in to the engine. Makes zero sense to me.

Other owners experience this and someone will have an accident and someone will get hurt until they open their eyes. I plan on writing a serious letter to BMW NA President.
Appreciate 0