View Single Post
      07-21-2018, 05:07 PM   #26
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Yeah, I think it will be a much better straight line car and it may even be a fun little autoX/track car they may have the potential to beat the M3. The only thing is that it will not be able to taking a full day of track/autoX beating like the M3. Mostly because of fuel vs electricity, and, more importantly, cooling. Tesla hasn't figured out yet how to stop them from overheating at the track like BMW has with the M3. Yes, yes, I have seen the video of the guy who took his model 3 to the track in Cali. But he only ran a few laps, said his battery drained quickly, and that it went into limp mode in the afternoon to protect the battery and drivetrain.

However, I will say, that once companies like Tesla or BMW figure out the cooling issues on these EVs they are going to be really fun to drive in canyons or on the track. You'll just have to be okay with no manual and no exhaust madness.
It will take solid state batteries. Not touching electric cars until then, they will make all previous models obsolete. Lighter, more capacity, faster charging.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00