Drives: 19 M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmyfro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Why would BMW do this?

Everyone and their mother here is a secret P-car fanboy who is dutifully scraping together enough dough to buy one, one ramen noodle dinner at a time.
P-car offers 600000000 trim levels and milks you for all you've got. Seeing the feedback on this forum to everything P does, including aberrations like a 4 cylinder car that's 100k, why wouldn't BMW?
2 of my Buddies both have a 911 C4. Both 2018s. 1 manual, 1 auto.

The auto paid 42000 more for his car than the one with the manual. ALL OPTIONS. They are driving the exact same car. looks the same (for the most part), drives the same, feels the same, handles the same etc. but 1 person saved over 40k. This is why BMW does what they do. And Porsche. and many others. There are always morons who want to spend way too much on a car because of all the nonsense options that no one really needs. Its not about if someone can afford it. there is a limit to where someone should be spending money on a certain model, regardless if you can afford it or not.

Oh and I was just at the dealership 3 days ago, they are offering 21k off of a M4CS. In Canada, they are not selling well. There are a few 2018 M3CS brand new that can be bought for probably close to 80k (Canadian). My dealer said they just did not sell like everyone thought in Canada. 7-8 months ago i was quoted on a lease $1800 cdn for a new 2019 M4. Now I can get it for close to $1k tax in. with zero down. They cant move them.
Maybe the CS cars will end up like the original E30M. Dealers couldn't give them away and 20+ years later everyone wants one.

BTW in the USA there are at least 2 M3CS and 1 M4CS already salvaged. All three were SMB oddly.
My thoughts also.

Most dealers I know don't even allow test drives in the CS in order to keep the mileage new.
How are people going to find out how different they are without driving them? Lol.
Appreciate 0