View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 05:55 AM   #117
calubi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu English View Post
275-295/40 would be ideal but not sure 275/40 would fit for sure without rubbing

It's really close as 275/35/19 fits fine
Just to update, I had the tires (265/35 285/35 R-S4) mounted last week (after a bit of a delay due to one of the fronts having damage from shipping) and had a two day event at MidOhio over the weekend.

First off, the grip is so much better than the PSS and they feel similar to the SC3 (non R) tires on my Camaro 1LE. But that's to be expected going to a 200 TW tire. I dropped four seconds on my PB lap time the first session out. Of course that's partly due to getting used to the car overall as this is only my third event with the M3, and first event with the camber plates after chewing through the PSS so fast.

I'm on the fence about the diameter decrease. On track, it feels good. But there is a noticable difference in shifting locations. I have to shift from 4 to 5 and 3 to 4 on straights I could hold the lower gear before. So I agree that the 40 series would be better, but marginally. The 35 series is still a good choice.

On the highway, the speedo error is annoying. I can't sugar coat that. But the ride is still comfortable and road noise is minimal.
Appreciate 0