View Single Post
      08-26-2023, 12:30 PM   #130
x_
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango202 View Post
I’m on stock crank hub with only the CBC added on - bolts all intact as shown a few posts up. I didn’t notice the failed CBC posts had modded hubs…

https://a.co/d/6THx6zp
Well, OP never came back to the thread so have no idea about him but Todd20 and S55_M3 had aftermarket hubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S55_M3 View Post
I wonder if the issue is only in conjunction with a upgraded crank hub. I have the 2 pin solid design and I am seeing signs of movement with the cbc
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd20 View Post
These were installed by a reputable shop and all 8 were installed I checked when I got it. From my understanding the bolts got loose and came out over the course of 2-4 months. Once enough bolts came out of one side, the harmonic balancer started to get wobbly and started to grind down on the other bolts. This is why only two are stuck in the hub instead of all 6. Also this is a Lang racing 4 pin hub not a stock one

Not sure about MagicF8X as he didn't come back to the thread as well, but he posted this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicF8x View Post
CBC doesn’t really do anything , their spline lock is definitely the best crankhub solution , my 4 pin practically failed.

These are definitely stress failures,
When my bolts snapped off they were replaced with oem ones.

You can look up those bolts they are manufactured by a company called McCmaster carr out of Illinois and I don’t belive they have the strength that oem bolts do.

It seems like the bolts that were installed were A2-70 from what I can see in the picture, which has a shear strength of 700N/mm² vs 12.9 grade which is supposed to have 1200N/mm².
Appreciate 0