View Single Post
      10-10-2023, 09:48 AM   #326
E46G07fanatic
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, BMW X7, Tesla Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnighTT View Post
A follow up on my last post.

So I went and inspected the crank pulley on my F82 for evidence of any replacement of the crank hub.

It does not have a CBC device, or anything that looks aftermarket, but I did notice something different. The CH bolt and the pulley bolts are very clean for the 58k miles the car has BUT what caught my eye is on the tip of each of the pulley bolts is a green mark made by a marker or paint. Like the kind of mark I would dab on a bolt after torquing it down. As my brain forgets. It doesn't look like a machine paint mark. Each one looks like a human dabbed it on there.

Did BMW ever have a blue mark on these bolts or is this a sign that perhaps these bolts have been replaced in the past? Which may be an indication that the CH has been replaced.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I bought a bore scope to inspect the hub and witnessed the exact same picture. That leads me to believe it is 100% stock. I have a 2017 COMP. DCT. 82k miles.

I might do the CH for peace of mind but I don't plan on driving the car hard. Interestingly found out the car has been tuned, which is interesting. Must have a stage 1 tune because everything else is stock.
Appreciate 0