12-23-2023, 09:25 PM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
Figured I'd chime in here, haven't heard of others reporting back on these.

Ran these 034 rotors front and rear this past season, I think around 12 track days total, with car being used as daily driver as well throughout. I'm on MCS 2WNR with an 800# front spring. Just commenting on the fronts as they do more of the work -- no real cause to complain function-wise. Since these have been on, I went through one set of PFC11 on the fronts, with I think 2 events done on the next set of PFC11 prior to the season ending.

Pic of driver front below, everything looking as expected at this point, nothing out of the ordinary. No concerning cracks. FWIW rotor wear seems pretty even as measured by a proper rotor caliper (reading around 29.6mm on average, taken at multiple points around the disc, with maximum variance of ~0.5 mm)

On the highway, they are a bit buzzy ("fluttery" may be the better word), presumably due to the J-hook design. If you have sensitive ears it could be mildly annoying, but that's about the only downside I can say so far.

I'd say given the FCP warranty these are shaping up to be a damn good value
(And in case you're wondering, I queried FCP as to whether they'd give a refund equivalent to the value of the discs alone if I were to buy just the replacement discs going forward, and they said no. So that means just replacing the whole 2 pieces each time -- easier that way anyway!)

Thanks for the feedback! The rotors look pretty good for 12 track days + street use, the minor cracking looks typical of track use and isn't concerning at all yet. At 29.6 mm thickness you still have plenty of thickness left before you have to replace them, so it might be a race between cracking and wearing thin near the end of the rotors life.

Btw what pads did you run on the street?