View Single Post
      02-22-2024, 12:18 PM   #9
2Slo_F83
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 | F83 + 06 | Lexus IS350

Finally got the Stainless Steel one for my F83 and sharing my 2 months of ownership experience.

Firstly, great, build quality and love the love the exhaust tone and the depth of the engine noise. Great job Valvetronic Designs

Few issues that I have been facing and hopefully S5XPerformance in Irvine, CA who ordered the exhaust for me can take care of these issues.

1 - It rattles during cold start for good 30s - 1 min. I wasn’t able to find out why and where it is coming from. But this happens only during cold start.

2 - Fitment - If you have an aftermarket diffuser especially 3 pieces, the spacing of the tips can be very tight especially if you have the CF tip option. Also, keep in mind you can only adjust the tips one side of the exhaust. I believe left outlet is fixed.

3 - There is a constant humming sound / static noise (hard to describe) when you unlock the doors and start the car. Not sure if I’m imaging or if it is because of one of the valve switch is not plugged in since the setup requires ONLY one side of the valve module. It is quite noticeable if you really pay attention when you cold start in a garage.