NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
The rebuild kit does help limit the caliper temperature and, therefore, the brake fluid temperature. The SS domed and tapered pistons minimize the heat transfer from the brake pads. Higher temperature external (blue) seals do a much better job of surviving temperature extremes from the pads/rotors. This rebuild kit combined with BW brake deflectors are an option that expands the operating window of the stock blue brakes. Paired with Girodisc or Paragon 2-piece rotors, these brake upgrades effectively raises the performance of the oem blue brake setup equal to the level of the SigWerke zl1 1le kit. Here’s the link to the RB rebuild kit:
https://racingbrake.com/bb-43bsp/

One question I have is: how can you call SigWerke’s kit a big brake kit when the rotors are the same diameter (optional rear 10 mm OD increase) as the stock rotors? It’s really just an aftermarket brake kit. Also, brake kits are marketed as having greater (shorter) braking performance which is not true. Tire’s are the primary parameter that determines braking distance, not the brake rotor and pad size. I’m unaware of any BMW that’s incapable of engaging abs during a stop. If you can’t engage abs then you’re not using 100% of the braking capability.
No you’re right, the marketing and the 6 pot over 4 pot kinda tricked me into thinking it was a BBK. It’s no different just with heavier calipers

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0