View Single Post
      11-17-2017, 10:18 PM   #25
SonicJlee
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Your perception of the F80 after owning a GT4 will be very different than before the GT4. I don't have a GT4 but my experience with a 991.1 C2S shouldn't be too far off. I loved my first F80 but always wanted a 911 so decided to switch it up. When I first test drove the 991, I felt it was down in power and was a bit underwhelmed. However, once I learned to drive a high revving NA engine and started to really push the car, the car felt great to me...then I took it to the track and was blown away by the performance difference and confidence I had relative to my old F80. Last week, I got back into an F80 because it suites my family's needs better - the F80 feels huge, much heavier than the 991, and relatively disconnected (I got used to feeling the road more and vibrations from the engine behind me)... and I now actually prefer the high revving NA engine. The F80 is a great all around package but it'll fall short as a replacement to your GT4 when it comes to fun factor. As an additional car, it is great.
Appreciate 1
dmboone254972.00