11-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #32
TommyGuk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
GT4 owner here. amazing car, and I wouldn't trade it to go back to an F80 (no way).

I don't think the market is quite that frothy. I think low mileage (sub 5k), well spec'd GT4's will go for MSRP. higher mileage cars will go for $5 - $10k under MSRP. there are a lot of dealers with astronomical asking prices, but that's not where the market is at (i.e. those cars aren't moving at those prices).

don't think the next GT4 will impact it much. if it is indeed an RS with the 4.0 motor, you can bet the increase in MSRP will be huge. as a result, the GT4 will remain a bargain for $100k. I don't see much downside to current prices because the Carreras are close in price (and much more common), but don't come close to providing the same experience or feeling as special. that alone sets a floor for how low GT4 prices will ever go. sure you can get a stripper spec for maybe $85k today, but I think it will be a long time before you see anything in the $70k range unless it has 20k+ miles on it (and these cars aren't driven daily much, so not many have high mileage).

I still think that for $90k - $100k, the GT4 is the best bargain Porsche you can buy - the experience is just that good.
I'm so glad you said that as I've just put my deposit down on a GT4 and collect it on friday, I'm now looking for a cheap run around like a Golf to be my daily with the GT4 sat in the garage.

I've not even been for a test drive!
Appreciate 0