View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

They're two completely different cars in every aspect, you can't really compare the two.

One is a supercar eater and the other is a luxury sports car. Both are very capable in the right hands on the track, but they're just leagues different in terms of performance and luxury. The GT-R doesn't feel very luxurious inside, whereas the E9X and undoubtedly the upcoming M3/M4 will be seething in leather and luxury. The GT-R walks over the M3 on the track and in every performance figure. I'm fairly certain this will be true for the upcoming M3/M4 as well, since it still only has 415 BHP. Torque figures won't save you when you're at a 100+ BHP difference.

I also think the GT-R is quite good looking, I don't know why you don't like it but to each his own I suppose. It has a very distinct stance that I've fallen in love with.

But just know that a 535 BHP stock GT-R + 10k in mods = demolish just about any other car on the roads. However, if you enjoy screaming engines with a high RPM redline, you can't overlook the M3. Supercharging it will be a hassle at times, but you'll be smiling ear to ear when you hear it at 8k RPM.

So like I said - it comes down to what you ultimately want and are willing to sacrifice. GT-R = not so great looks (in your opinion), but it's fast as hell and attracts attention. M3 = luxurious and a screamer with 2 actually usable seats in the back, but lacks power vs. the GT-R.

Good luck.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0