View Single Post
      10-14-2010, 02:32 AM   #22
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
The ///M division also said that there will never be an ///M car equipped with automatic after the E36 M3 fiasco. They also said there will never be an M engine with force induction. And they said there will never be a none-RWD M.

Well we all know what happens with what the ///M Gmbh said. Let's face it. They've sold out. If they'll put an automatic, turbocharged V-8 in an X5 and X6 and slap ///M badges on it, what makes you or ANYONE think that any of the things that's not suppose to happen to the M3, won't happen?

Don't be surprised if there's a front wheel driven, automatic turbocharged V-6 ///M in the near future. With run-flats.
And really big cup holders too??

The way I see it though, most car companies have sold out because well, the argument is they have to change with the times.

e.g. Porsche now has a SUV and a 4-door sedan. Ferrari and Porsche are now clothing brands. Mitsubishi also makes VCR's (ok, so they're kind of like Samsung and just do everything).

Point is, BMW or any car company is still a company and it's out to make money.

In all truthfulness, I'd buy an M3 too if it came with an AWD option. I went with the 335 xdrive too because of the availability of the AWD too.
Appreciate 0