klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
I am willing to bet I can get it to limp mode. I drive my na M3 hard as sh*t, never missed a session. While the same track days my buddies dct 335is limp modes frequently.

I am not so confident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
Agreed. Particularly on very hot days. Particularly at altitude. It'll happen. Has even happened to the new M5 already.

So i6 confirmed eh? N55 successor anyone? I picture an N55 with clutch-controlled electric turbo, better cooling, and a massive tune. 7000rpm.

Sure wish you two had been at high plains raceway in Denver last weekend on friday afternoon when it was 88 degrees.

I had to keep limping my 1M down the straight at 130 mph. It was even worse on Sunday when I pulled on an e90 M3 on the back straight... Hitting 5mph higher than Friday.

:wink:

That's ok though, there is still time. I challenge both of you -oops, all THREE of you, you are invited as well Klammer- to come to Texas this summer and go to the track with me.
It's a legitimate concern when I'm looking at 20-30 track days a year. Not 2-3... And maybe I'll take you up on your offer and come down to Texas just to prove a point, pick a date. Just because YOU don't have issues doesn't mean they don't exist and I don't appreciate being laughed at for asking or being concerned with a legit issues, but it's cool, I accept your challenge. Time & date please