bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i View Post
So far this is none more than hearsay by an enthusiastic guy claiming bragging rights for driving this car before anyone else (also questionable and non-verifiable). Speculation at its best.
Pretty close, I think. When someone wants you to agree with them, they'll say what they think you want to hear. It's a natural human tendency. If you're talking to an automotive enthusiast who prides themselves on driving ability, it makes sense to play up the demanding nature of the car.

It's exciting to hear, IMO. If we can infer anything concrete about the statement, I think it would be that the new M3/M4 would have more oversteer tendencies when compared to the outgoing E9x models. When reviewers and test drivers comment on how much skill is required to drive a car, they're usually referring to two things: 1) how willing the car is to oversteer, and 2) how quickly the oversteer comes on.

Some cars require you to go to great lengths to get oversteer. Some cars, when you do begin to oversteer, they "snap" on you, which results in a spin. We'll have to wait for actual driven reviews to find out for sure, but I hope this car is balanced a little more toward oversteer, as that usually means more driver fun and engagement.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport

Last edited by bradleyland; 01-16-2014 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0