01-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #64
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
Recall that part of that number (one would suspect the greater part, given what it purports to calculate) relates to average loss per claim.

The cars on that "worst list" are all pricey, hence part of the reason for their placement there. My guess is there isnt a lot of racing in the S-class segment, but every dented bumper is going to cost the equivalent of 3 F-150's to replace

By contrast, the "best" cars are not terribly expensive and, it seems, are all 'working vehicles' (trucks) where drivers arent going to bother getting many cosmetic things fixed.

BUT, agreed, there are all sorts of jackasses driving their M3s (or Californias, or A8s, or whatever) like jackasses which means that, even if an M3 is cheaper to repair than a Ferrari or R8, there are enough accidents to drive the other part of the equation and keep the M3 on the list.

Cars today are ridiculously fast. The new M3 with all its torque will surely be a tail happy treat for most of us, but in the wrong hands will wind up wrapped around a tree.

I think all companies that sell performance cars today should include a complimentary driving school. From a safety standpoint, to help the customers gain some skill and understanding of what you don't want to do on the street, and from a marketing standpoint to develop deeper, longer lasting more profitable relationships with their customers. Hell, even make it a low cost option for CPO buyers.