View Single Post
      06-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #19
KAZ
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minator View Post
I don't what your guys are smoking...But don't tell me a stock M4 with street tires wasn't getting passed when the driver pushed the car probably 9/10's.....in the advanced group....if so that is one pussy filled session..with no p cars...
From my experience even the competition in advanced groups (NASA,BMW Club DE, P-Club DE, etc.) varies greatly, and i've seen where seniority trumps over faster lap times in lower groups. I took part of an event at Hallett with a stock E46 M3 and initially was intimated by the Viper ACRs being loaded off the trailers as well as GTRs, 600hp mustangs, and the like, needless to say, most became a nuisance later in the day. At Gateway I brought a stock E92 M3 and was faster than 90% of the advanced cars. I say this not to boast my driving ability (trust me there's much better out there), but rather to point out that high potential vehicles and seniority in certain clubs/organizations make up the majority of the advanced groups. Granted, the senior drivers in the slower cars are much more comfortable and able to deal with lax passing rules, but I'm an advocate for groups being set by lap times/pace.

Now that i'm off my soapbox, it's definitely plausible a stock M4 doesn't get passed in the advanced groups

On another note, despite some people not thinking it's possible, I definitely warped the E92 M3 rotors (stock pads) at that event (Hardest braking is about 140-90 in the first corner, think it was a total of 4 20 mins sessions.) I hope the non-CC brakes in the F8X are better. The reduced weight should of course also help with that.
Appreciate 0