View Single Post
      08-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
Fifth Echelon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der View Post
When I was comparing the interior of F30 and F80, I have other things in mind, i.e. the quality of it all together - how it is put together. Obviously the full leather is great, but I was more concerned with the overall feel, taking the leather quality/amount of leather out of the equation. I.e. rattles, squeaks, etc
Ah - in that case, I am not sure how they would compare. It is definitely an improvement on the E93 (which, being a convertible, was quite rattly and squeaky after a while). I have only driven F30s for brief periods as loaners.

That being said, this is a car with a very stiff chassis, so some rattles are to be expected. I did hear a few when driving over the rougher roads in Italy, or when blasting through hairpins and switchbacks on the Stelvio and Swiss mountain roads (banked roads and elevation changes), but never in regular city or highway driving. And in my experience, UK roads tend to be quite smooth (certainly smoother than American roads, and definitely Italian ones), so I think that unless you are incredibly sensitive, you will be fine. The engine noise piped into the cabin was definitely louder than any rattles or squeaks to me.
Past: 2005 Mercedes SLK350 6MT | Silver/Blue
Appreciate 0