View Single Post
      02-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #54
kueks29
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Last night I was at the presentation of the F30. Among other guests was also a current DTM driver.
But someone from the M-GmbH. Of course I asked for the new M3 engine and got on just a blink.
When I asked what that would mean, I was told:
"are at the last time penetrated to a lot of information to the outside, so radical that was-at least invoked inline-6 official! also means the inline-6 old BMW history. will Nonetheless, there is no inline-6, but a V6! The engine is derived from the M5, has 3.3 liter capacity and will introduce a new generation of M engines! "

As I said: The last information said very clearly: It is an inline-6!
The last night sounded very authentic and the present DTM drivers said later in a small circle just telling: "BMW has been the tradition in motor sports and also in the DTM One reason for the decision to the DTM the possibility of a promotional message from the motor sport! transferred to the road! from season 2014 this will converge, although the V8 engine technically no longer be used! "

Furthermore, it was rumored in a similar form of a re-entry into Formula 1, because the engine would correspond to the concept of the next M3 ...

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we all are a huge rip-mounted and are contrary to all protestations to the current M-GmbH and exclamations of insiders still see a V6 ...
Appreciate 0