JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Thanks for the reminder!

I changed my oil as an interim oil change at 7,585 miles in January. Here's the report from Blackstone:
Comments:
This is a nice first report for your M4. We often see excess metal and silicon left from the wear-in process in engines as new as this one, but high-end German cars often look great right from the beginning and that's what we have here. Universal averages show typical wear levels for BMW's S55 engine after about 4,900 miles on the oil. Your sample compares nicely with that benchmark. No excess fuel or harmful coolant is present and air and oil filtration look great (see silicon and insolubles). You'll probably find wear drops next time, even with the racing.
By "racing" he means the track days at Nurburgring, Circuit Park Zandvoort, and Spa Francorchamps during our Euro Delivery, and 2-day HPDEs at Laguna Seca and Buttonwillow in August and October after redelivery. I changed the oil in January before more 2-day HPDEs at Buttonwillow in February and Laguna Seca in March. I took my car in for the 10,000 mi. service last month but didn't have the tech collect a sample. I'll do another sample when I do another interim oil change at 15,000 miles, but it doesn't look like any more track days before that.
Thank you for sharing! Quick question, based on the viscosity numbers, i'm guessing this is 0w30 or 5w30?
Appreciate 0