gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by renz View Post
I hate to trade my M4 but wanted to experience the excitement of owning and driving the Porsche GT3. I use to have a C2S 997 and C2 996 also BMW m3 E 36 and E 46 but the GT3 is another level of pure sports car. I went to three different Porsche dealership in the bay area looking for GT3 and my M4 being appraised for the trade in value and I was surprised that each one is saying the M3 has more resale value than the M4. So as expected I lost $17,000 on the M4 and have to swallow a marked up of $25,000 on the GT3 above MSRP. After a day of driving the GT3 one thing I learned is that it's true the GT3 is real pure sports car but unable to live with it as a daily driver. You need to rev the engine above 4000RPM all the time to really enjoy it. I don't know if I made the right decision. But to late now.. unless you drive the GT3 on the track I don't think you can really enjoy it on the street. The M4 is very capable car and can be daily driver and you can exploit more of its capabilities than the GT3 on the street. Will see after couple of days of driving it... I guess i just missed my M4.
I wish you had had a LONG test drive in the GT3, you would not have bought it as a street car.
I have been down that road with long test drives and not for me thanks, Porsche way to noisey over 70 MPH , awful road noise .
EDIT: and the lack of torque is a real pain IMO.
Since when is 320 lb feet and ultra short gearing over a 4k rpm range no tq lol . In some gears it has more tq to the wheels than a stock m4 . Just saying . Yes you have to rev it but that's why it's better .....
Appreciate 0