View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
MisterEm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge_F View Post
These are pics of testing of the CCBs, and you are correct, those will be 6 piston at the front and 4 at the rear.
But I was talking about the standard steel brakes, those will probably be 4 piston fixed alu cal. at the front and 2 piston fixed at the rear on the new m3/4. In other words, smaller and lighter then the standars on m5.
Point is that the difference between CCB and steel will be slightly less on M3/4 than it is on M5.
I`m also happy that M gmbh are finally ditching those sliding cals.
If this is indeed correct, it should be a win-win for both regular M cars ditching the old sliding calipers and those that pony up for the CCB upgrades.

I may be in the minority when I say this, but I could care less how much more power this new M has over the S65 variant (415, 430, 455 blah) ... as all M cars make more power than their predecessor.

I won't consider ordering one until the sedan is independently weighed. Anything south of #3400 and I may tell my son he can pay for his own undergraduate and graduate school like his dad did! Crank HP won't impact that decision, sadly.

I must be getting old...