NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
I can answer this definitively for you, No.

The dwell time adjustment is pretty small from the S55 stock map compared to the B58.

I have been running B58 coils for well over 2 years, it sounds like you dont have the longer spark plug boots, because my car ran noticeably smoother with the B58 coils, even at idle.
Ok, this result is EXACTLY what I wanted!

Tell me your secrets? Lol

Ok, VTT sent me the longer boots, which I used and installed per instructions. I’ve changed my own sparks for 13+ years in all my cars it’s not rocket science so I don’t think I missed anything. Also considering I did it literally 5 times last week, I def did it right lol.

The ONLY thing that I didn’t think of, that shouldn’t matter anyways, is that for whatever reason VTT boots didn’t work with Turner MS coils (again not a SUPER popular mod so idk if anyone has even tried that combo).

Smoother idle is what I wanted tbh. What’s ur setup? Did u have to adapt your tune at all? Betting you have nexys?

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0