09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #44
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
This is what people said about the E9x M3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilPatch View Post
Impressive numbers, and I'm sure it's a quick car. I just think this new line of M cars has lost it's soul. I'm glad I pulled the trigger and got a 2006 instead of waiting for this. This is the first time in forever a new m3 isn't something I desire.
...and now look at em' complaining about the next generation.

And you have to admit, the below exerpt is pretty funny... especially since his prediction at the end was pretty damn accurate!

From 2008: Unbiased Road Review http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=222065

Just thought I would share my experience of test driving four different BMW's in one day...

(Comparison of Z4M coupe, roadster, and 135i)

4.)2008 E92 M3: I am sad to say I was significantly dissapointed with the new M3. I tried to be open with it, but it just doesn't strike the proper chords with what I think a M3 should be, that coupled with bangle influence and a much larger appearance (GT realm) I left with a frown : (

First off, aside from gaining significant weight, I give BMW props for making it feel and handle like it is much lighter than the hefty 3704lbs curb weight. I was very impressed with the light feel, I was expecting it too feel heavier and sluggish, but it was the opposite. Steering was numb, brakes were strong, but not on par with ZCP brakes, maybe cause they were new? Finally the power...well the power just wasn't there. I couldn't get over the lack of torque, and it only felt slightly quicker than my e46!! This car did NOT feel like 414 BHP, the 135i pushed me deeper in my seat (I know the 135i has 5 more ft/lbs of torque, but come on it's a freaking 414 BHP M3!!!!) What gives. I touched beyond 8k with the pedal stuffed ?

I made sure the DCS was off and the power button was activated. The sales guy said he was certain it was setup for full power. I asked if maybe they dumbed it down for the 1200 mile break in period. He reluctantly came back and informed after talking with a tech that yes, they do de-tune them for break-in purposes, about 100hp ?? Can anyone verify this? If thats the case that explains it.

Long story short, the car just feels numb and sounds all wrong, I cannot get used to the V8 rumble. No soul in this M3 IMHO. BMW needs to bring back the heritage of the straight six and throw on some turbos to compete in the HP wars, either that or stay N/A and get some tips from Lotus and lose a lot of baby fat. Just my .02

Last edited by Lorde; 09-25-2013 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0