06-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #63
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madders View Post
In the UK petrol is 1.40GBP per litre - approx $9 per gallon. In London and some European countries it can be even more expensive!
I'm sad to say that fuel economy is one of the reasons my E92 M3 will be probably traded for something a bit more pump friendly in the future - a 991 for example.
I can afford the petrol costs, and its the only downside of what is the best car I have ever had - but fuel has become so expensive here that for the first time in my car history (and I have had multiple M3s and Porsches) I actually will be considering the mpg for whatever I get next.
So let me get this straight... because of fuel economy, you say you're probably trading in your M3 for a Porsche 991? Last I checked, they were completely different type and class of cars. The difference is, what... 5L/100KM at the very best? I'm in the market for an M3 but no way am I cross-shopping it for a Porsche 991 type/class of car.

Lets do some quick math... a 5L/100KM fuel economy difference translates to an extra 1,000L if you were to drive a hypothetical 20,000KM per year. At 1.4 GBP/L (your rate) this translates to 1,400 GBP per year or less than 4 GBP per day which wouldn't buy you a McDonalds hamburger in London.

So you're telling me that you're considering trading in your 60,000 GBP M3 for a 100,000 GBP Porsche to save 4 GBP of petro per day? Is this serious?

Last edited by Tacoma; 06-24-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0