07-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #74
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
If you are ever in my neck of the woods, I'd be happy to throw you the key.

Excellent points! I thoroughly enjoy both the W204 C63 and the M4. There really is no better car to me.

Yeah it was really obvious. You said the E9X "destroyed" the C63.

I have never seen one review in which the E9X "destroyed" the C63. And by the time the LCI model came out, the comparison test results started to swing in the AMG's favor.

For entertainment purposes, the W204 C63 vs. F80/F82 comparison is interesting but in reality, the former is a 7-8 year old design while the latter has been out for only mere months. I expect the F80/F82 to be a more modern, "higher tech" car.

The F82 certainly felt like the "fresher" car when I drove it.

The W205 C63 will be the proper comparison point.
Perfect comment, and thanks for the complement.

Now adding to what I said before: I have to say, I did not get a chance to drive a F80/F82 M Bimmer, as they are not available here, so I can not really compare it with a C63. My C63 is a Sedan with P31 and LSD. It is close to perfection, as the car is terrificly fast, it is fun, has tons and tons of torque, oversteers everywhere, yet I can take another 4 people comfortably with more than enough space for their luggage. People complain about the weight but I think that is a huge misconception, as never I really felt the need for the car to be lighter. The car does feel pretty nimble, actually even more than the my ex M3 E92. It handles marvellously as well, just as well as my old Bimmer. Only upgrade I did was add the KW V3 springs (that cost me a fortune) to control the height to get better reactions and comfort depending on what I want. If you turn the Traction Control to Sport, put the knob into S+ (oddly enough the paddles react more quickly in S+ than in M), you get an awesome car. So please stop saying the C63 is too heavy, or too lost, as it is clearly not, all you gotta do is adapt to the torque delivery, learn the best settings and off you go.
Appreciate 0