View Single Post
      12-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #308
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogeM3 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the M3 V8 has won more races than any previous M3's, From Le-Mans, to 24 Hours Nürburgring, also the 1000 km of Zhuhai, the 12 hours of Sebring, etc...

The Return of the M3 to GT2 and GT4 Races was on a V8.... 4.4 or 4.8 V8 would of been the next ascending natural choice.... I personally don't care about gas consumption when buying an M3, if I were, I wouldn't buy a sports car! there are other choices. It is clear that they are doing it for EPA restrictions, and BMW will figure it out and make an outstanding I-6 turbo, bi-turbo, whatever, but there is no way that you can convince me that a V8 under the hands of BMW wouldn't had grown to be an amazing engine/performance car!

I-6 belongs to M3 is a bs statement, it does not apply at all. Again, I do not doubt they are going to come up with a great I-6 m3 engine, but, the V8 had a great chance to be an even greater machine!

I'm sticking with my car, I know it will definitely be a collectors car.

P.S. I had previous generations of M3, so I'm not a "newbie". V8 is my favorite, the sound, the personality, feels like a true super car, muscle car, and a great performance car in general. Best M3 built ever! this is a statement from most Car Magazines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0