12-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #477
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
In german forums are recent speculations that the leaked engine pics posted here, didnīt show the new M3/M4 engine but the also new M340i/M440i engine - based on an N55 succesor !!!

This specs are based on insider-informations, that the M3-Testmules are also used for development of the N55 succesor - for the M Performance Automobile F3x and later the .35is. So also the "F80M3" fueled with E85 in sweden could be one of this engine-test-cars. The use of the "F80" body was logical because the N55 succesor is/was for sure one candidate for the M3/M4 engine - in its highest developed form ... but it didnīt says for 100% that this engine was also really choosen.

This let german forums speculate that there is already an chance that the new M3/M4 gets an other engine than the "here confirmed" I6 - also BMW/M-GmbH insiders considers other possible F8x engine variants ... for me this are good news.

The M3/M4-engine is already the biggest BMW secret until now ... only time will tell us the truth.

Greets Uli_HH

^^That's very interesting. I have a few friends who work for BMW AG. They have friends who work at ///M. They have been told the new F82 M3/M4 engine will be called the S55 engine code. It will be based on the N55 valvetronic engine, but with TWO twin scroll turbos. They also told me that while 450 PS is the horsepower goal... the engine is making around 430 PS but with much more torque than they(///M) thought they would have made.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Dack
Appreciate 0