View Single Post
      07-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL M3 View Post
Great summary of the sound. Glad someone feels the same way I do (and many others who have heard it in person do).

I mentioned this in another thread that got deleted - I had the chance to spend a week in Europe with 21 other M3/M4s. During the trip, I had the chance to hear the car (22 of them) in almost every imaginable situation - indoors, outdoors, city cruising, autobahn passes at 140mph, countless tunnels, at Spa, at Nurburgring, on deserted German country roads, etc.

I was blown away by the sound. Absolutely loved it. And I wasn't alone on the trip. We had numerous discussions about how good the car sounded.

For those that haven't heard it in person on the road, please don't make any judgments from videos or standstill revs. Sounds horrible IMO in both cases. Some still won't like it - understandable given that sound preference is exactly that, a personal preference - but please don't judge until you've spent some time with the car.
Thank you! I said the same thing that you just articulated above during the drive. The car sounded suspect in videos but in real life, under load, both the motor and the exhaust deliver.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0