View Single Post
      11-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #21
gee-m-w
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
I don't have much time with the DCT, but the time I did have with it was not like this. It leads me to believe that its Audi's programming making it behave this way or that Audi's tranny is just not up to the standards of BMW's DCT.

Cheers.
I recall reading something about the new PDK programming in the Porsches that puts the car into neutral when it's coasting to lower resistance. The RS5 may have some of that programming.

Car assembly and marketing companies don't make transmissions. Borg Warner, Getrag, and a handful of other companies do. It's disingenuous to say VW/Porsche "make bad trannies" and BMW "has high standards".

The original BMW SMG hurt my impression of their ability to integrate an advanced automatic transmission. Not only mine, but most E90 and E92 M3 models the first 18 months were ordered with manuals. Then it cut over to DCT heavy once everyone saw it wasn't DOA.

I predict 3/4 of the M3 cars with have the DCT.