View Single Post
      04-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #90
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
I like to add my 2 cents to this thread mind you I am originally from Germany and having received my engineering training in Germany prior to immigrating to this great part of the world here in Canada I think slightly different when it comes to cars.

This being said and having purchased my first BMW in 1987 (a 535is at that time just one step below the then ///M5). That engine in the 535is is a Straight-6, the 182 HP was all I needed at the time. This car has since been handed down the family tree and is still in fine shape as a daily driver today.

BMW and the ///M Division take great care in design and engineering. As all of you Fellows here well know the engineering and design process starts out with a basic 3 Series when the ///M Division Team go to work. When they are done they replaced nearly 50% of the parts and modified nearly 80% of the components before a ///M badge is affixed to this car. This includes the engine, after all the engine is the heart of the final package. Some time back there was a thread when it was rumoured that BMW's ///M Division is working on a brand new engine. I don't much believe in rumoured information since it so often contains a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around in the written word or verbally.

Now I've mentioned that I have been driving BMW's for the past 25 years and having seen the constant improvements over the years and the fine cars the ///M Division creates and constantly improves before they are released for production I like to predict the following.
  • There will be a brand new engine in the new ///M3 Generation when finally released.
  • If this engine will be Inline-6 or a V6 is yet unclear, however I think it will be a Inline-6 Turbocharged.
  • My hunch is this engine will be M-DCT as a standard and a MT as an option.
  • I have another hunch and that is that a team of the ///M Division is also working on a V8 to be offered as a option for the Fellows that like to take there toy to the track.
  • Finally only once the testing on the track and in real life conditions has been completed will we all know what the next ///M3 Generation will have in sore
I know whatever it will be in the end, it will be great handling and sounding car, that is the way the ///M3 was born originally in 1986 and evolved over time and will keep on evolving.

I have earmarked this thread and shall revisit it in 2014 to see what the final facts are

Meanwhile you all travel safe now hear

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 04-03-2012 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: EDIT added ---> Finally only once the testing ....
Appreciate 0